Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Full Moon Bar-B-Que (7/10) - 525 25th St S Birmingham, AL 35233

Exhausted and ready to get back to a normal routine, I had decided to make one final stop at Full Moon Barbecue in Birmingham, AL.  Keeping to the routine, I ordered a sliced pork sandwich and a full rack of ribs knowing that my old man would appreciate any leftovers from the trip.  The sandwich was massive with pork sliced so high that my appetite came roaring back from its slumber.    Sandwich was really good - especially since it came with Full Moons Famous Chow-Chow and some sliced pickles.  In defeat, I decided to have the slab of ribs boxed to go since I lacked the willpower to put the sandwich down.  Ribs tasted on par with Dreamland, not smoked enough, not tender enough.  Sauce was really good so it made up for the subpar quality of the ribs.

Full Moon Bar-B-Que on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Full Moon did to the bbq chicken sandwich what John Candy did to 'Cool Runnings'... made it legendary

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Reviews

In order to provide a consistent grading standard across each restaurant/region, I order a barbecue pork sandwich (and other meats/sides if a restaurant/region specializes in another specialty). In addition to comparing the quality of food, I will also take into consideration other intangibles (ambiance, atmosphere, service, authenticity, etc.) in my ratings as I deem appropriate.

Basically, a 10/10 represents an incredible meal, while a 6/10 score indicates a decent dining experience but a substantial number of dishes fell short of great. Lower scores indicate unpleasant experiences which I would most likely not even recommend to my worst enemy (Jonas Singer).

I reserve the right to continuously edit/update previous posts and to change rating scores as I see fit.